There are many kinds of Desserts that can be used in an
emergency. Even if there is no emergency, there is nothing
wrong with a good Dessert idea. We have listed here some ideas
that are very simple, yet easy to store and very fulfilling. We
also list some other options that may not really apply in an
Oven Cobbler - This does not require a
Dutch oven but it is more exciting if you use one.
- Two boxes of white cake mix
- Two 30 oz. cans of cherry pie filling
- Two quarts peaches
Pour filling (cherry or peach, not both)
into bottom of Dutch oven.
Pour both cake mixes over the top of filling
and lightly mix.
for special Dutch Oven Cooking
- This is a huge subject. Click
here to learn more about Pies.
Smores - This
is a simple treat that is a favorite.
- Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- Bag of large marshmallows
- Graham crackers
- Place pieces of chocolate on two pieces
of Graham cracker.
- Heat marshmallow on a skewer or
- Place hot marshmallow on chocolate and
put both Graham crackers together like a
- No sandwich ever tasted this good!